In these Terms and Conditions the following definitions apply.
- Booking Form means the Company's standard Booking Form setting out details of the Event.
- Client means the Organisation, Person or Company by whom a Booking is made and named on a Booking Form.
- Company means Derivatives & Capital Markets Education Ltd. (trading as Capital Markets & Derivatives Training), Registered office: 18 Chesfield Road, Kingston, KT2 5TH, Company registration number: 05055925.
- Delegate means individual, named or otherwise, booked to attend an Event.
- Event means either course development, open program courses, reserved courses or assessment.
- These Terms and Conditions are confirmed as accepted by the Client once the Client has submitted payment for an event, or signed a Contract for the supply of an Event or Events by the Company.
- Full payment of any Event to be made 30 days prior to the beginning of that Event, unless agreed to by a Director of the Company or by contract. If a booking or contract is received within 30 days of an Event, payment needs to be immediate, unless agreed to by a Director of the Company.
- Delegates will not be admitted to an Event if payment has not been received in full for that Event unless agreed to by a Director of the Company.
- Invoices will be raised on receipt of a valid Booking form, verbal agreement, or other contract.
- Payment by cheque, cash or bank transfer.
- The Company reserves the right to review the cost of Events depending on demand or unforeseen costs incurred.
- All charges quoted exclude VAT, which will be chargeable in addition at the prevailing rate.
- The Company reserves the right to charge interest at 1% per month on unpaid/late paid invoices. Interest will apply both before and after a court judgment. In addition, the Client shall pay all costs and disbursements incurred by the Company in recovering invoices paid late.
4. Cancellation by Delegates / Clients
- All cancellations to bookings must be made in writing by the Client to the Company.
- A full refund will offered for cancellations made 31 days or more prior to the date of the Event, less any specific chargeable expenses agreed to in contract.
- For cancellations made within 30 days or less of the date of the Event, the full cost will be charged, unless otherwise agreed to in contract.
- No refund will be offered to those Delegates, either named or to be announced, who do not subsequently turn up for an Event.
5. Event cancellation
- The Company will endeavour to run all advertised Events but due to unforeseen circumstances it may be necessary to reschedule or cancel a particular Event. In such cases the Company will not accept any consequential liability irrespective of notice given.
- The Company will use reasonable endeavours to refund or reschedule Clients when Events are cancelled.
- In the event of the Client's cancellation of any development or consultancy assignment prior to the completion of the Event, fees will be chargeable at the daily rate for any development and preparation costs incurred by the Company up to the date of receipt of written notice of the cancellation. Any such costs will be invoiced on receipt of notice and will be due within 30 days of invoice.
- The Client shall indemnify and hold harmless the Company for any claim resulting from injury to persons and damage to third party property except as a direct result of the negligence of the Company or its employees. The Company shall not be liable for any financial, economic or consequential losses of any kind that may be incurred by the Client either directly or indirectly in the performance of the Contract and the delivery of the Event. In any circumstance the maximum liability of the Company shall not exceed the value paid for the event.
- The Company will retain the ownership and sole rights to the copyright of any material produced for the purpose of training courses and no part of such material may be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means unless so authorised by a Director of the Company.
- All copyright, design rights and other intellectual property rights belonging to the parties at the onset of the Event will remain the property of the respective party. Rights in any work during the course of the Event will remain the property of the Company unless expressly agreed otherwise in writing by a Director of the Company.
8. Entire Agreement
- These Terms and Conditions apply to any Event offered by the Company.
- If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any others then these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless expressly otherwise agreed in writing by a Director of the Company.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English Law and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.