Capital Markets & Derivatives Training specialise in developing and delivering
bespoke in-house training courses and programmes. This sample course outlines the
content and structure of a typical course.
This section explains the different types of interest rate swaps that exist
and the market practises.
- Types of swaps
- basis, asset, term, money market swaps
- non vanilla swaps
- fixed and floating
- Swap uses
- arbitrage using swaps
- gaining access to markets
- increasing lending and reducing borrowing rates
The following section explains how currency swaps are designed and used by market users.
- Definition of a currency swap
- types of currency swaps
- quoting a price
- asset, diff, circus, cocktail swaps
The next section explains how equity swaps are constructed and used.
- Definition of an equity swap
- types of equity swaps
- creating a synthetic exposure to the market
- hedging with equity swaps
Pricing and Valuing Swaps
This section explains the complexities behind pricing interest rate swaps.
- Review of time value of money
- discount functions
- npv of fixed versus floating cash flows
- amortising, accreting, roller coaster swaps
- Valuing a swap set by futures prices and FRA's