Capital Markets & Derivatives Training specialise in developing and delivering
bespoke in-house training courses and programmes. This sample course outlines the
content and structure of a typical course.
This section provides an overview of the different types of equity, and to contrast
it with debt.
- Characteristics and types of equity capital
- Ordinary shares
- preference shares
- Equity v debt compared
- Returns to shareholders: the role of the dividend and dividend policy
This section covers the issuance of equity in the primary markets, contrasting the
- Initial Public Offerings (IPO's)
- underwriting v public/private placements
- Secondary distributions & corporate actions
- rights issues
- share buy-backs
This section looks at how shares are traded in the secondary markets and the
different trading platforms.
- How shares are traded
- quote driven v order driven markets
- order types
- Market indices
Prima on Equity Valuation
This section introduces the basic approaches to equity valuation and looks at
the merits of each of the methods.
- Concepts of market efficiency
- Relative valuation techniques
- price/earnings analysis
- forecasting earnings
- Dividend valuation model
- Discounted cash flow approaches