Capital Markets & Derivatives Training specialise in developing and delivering
bespoke in-house training courses and programmes. This sample course outlines the
content and structure of a typical course.
This section is designed to explain the different types of bonds and all the jargon
and terminology associated with the underlying market.
- Bond types
- basic bond definition
- government and corporate bonds
- fixed and floating coupons
- Primary & secondary markets
The following section looks at how a bond's price is calculated based upon latest techniques.
- Pricing bonds on coupon and non-coupon dates
- clean v dirty price
- accrued interest
- zero-coupon bond pricing
- Measures of yield
- yield to maturity
- interpreting yields and the yield curve
Bond Sensitivity Measures
In this section we see how to calculate the price sensitivity of fixed income
instruments for given changes in their yield and how to use these measures in practice.
- Bond price sensitivities
- price yield relationship
- duration, modified duration, PV01 (BPV or risk)
- Deriving equivalent positions and basic hedge ratio
- adjusting the hedge ratio
- key-rate duration